We are committed to maintaining privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information which we receive from you. Please read this statement to understand how we use and protect the information you provide to us.
We are committed to responsible data management and subscribe to the principles of data protection legislation in the United Kingdom. Our Data Protection Register number is Z4980149.
By entering this site you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this statement.
1. Accessing and updating data
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may ask us to provide you with the details of any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests should be sent to the Head of Compliance at SCS Law, Level 34 25 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5LQ. Please note that an official fee will be payable. We are entitled by law to charge this fee to meet our costs of providing you with details of the personal information we hold about you.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete or you have any comments, queries or requests relating to our use of your personal information, you should write to the Head of Compliance. Any information which is found to be incorrect will be promptly corrected.
2. Information that we collect about you
We may obtain personal information about you when you use this site. If you make enquiries regarding our services or careers with us you will be asked to enter personal information including, but without limitation, your name and contact details.
All personal information given to us through this site will only be held and used with care and in accordance with this statement and the Data Protection Act 1998.
3. Use of information
The personal information on our database about you is not available for sale, loan, rent, licence or use by third parties without your consent except as set out in this statement. The information may be used to administer, support, improve and develop our business and keep you informed of legal, procedural and other developments related to the services we provide. We or any member of our associates or affiliates may contact you by post or email to offer new or additional services and/or products. If you do not wish to receive such information please let us know.
Each web page access is recorded in a log file. The contents of the log file are analysed to determine how many visitors we serve, what pages they look at most, and from where they connect. This information is not shared with anyone outside our associates or affiliates.
Cookies are small amounts of information which we may, from time to time, store on your computer. Our system may issue cookies to your computer when you log on to this site. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits.
You may set up your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on this website. If you do not wish to receive Cookies in the future, please let us know.
5. Disclosure of your information
The information you provide to us will be held on our computers in the United Kingdom and accessed by or given to our staff working within the United Kingdom.
We may share non-personal aggregate statistics (group) data about visitors to this site and traffic patterns with our associates, affiliates or other parties within the United Kingdom.
If we enter into a joint venture or we are or our business is sold to or merged with another company or business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
We will co-operate with law enforcement agencies as well as related third parties to enforce laws such as fraud and other rights. You authorise us to disclose any information about you to such law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with the investigation of fraud or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
6. Security and data retention
In addition to this statement your personal information is protected in the United Kingdom (but not, for the avoidance of doubt, outside the United Kingdom) by the Data Protection Act 1998. Under this Act we will only process any personal information we hold about you in a lawful and fair manner. We will keep your personal data secure to prevent access by unauthorised third parties and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Information provided will be stored on our computer for a reasonable period or for as long as the law requires and may be used for analysis purposes as provided in this statement.
7. Statement changes
Any changes to this statement will be posted on this website and, where appropriate, through email notification and will take effect immediately.
We will not email you in the future other than as provided for in this statement or in response to any emails you send to us. We will not pass on your email address except as set out in this statement.
SCS Law is a trading name of LPC Law Ltd, a limited company registered in England & Wales under number 2955453 (“LPC Law”). Our registered office is at Level 34 25 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5LQ and Len Crowder is the Director.
These terms and conditions apply to the entire contents of this website under the domain name www.smallclaimssolicitors.co.uk (“Website”) and to any correspondence by e-mail between SCS Law and you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this Website. Using this Website indicates that you accept these terms regardless of whether or not you choose to contact SCS Law or are one of our clients. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not use this Website.
- You may access some areas of this Website and contact SCS Law regardless of whether you are a client of SCS Law. However, certain areas of this Website are only open to you if you are a client of SCS Law and have logged in.
- SCS Law may revise these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should check this Website from time to time to review the then current terms and conditions because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Website.
- You are permitted to print and download extracts from this Website for your own use on the following basis:
- no documents or related graphics on this Website are modified in any way;
- no graphics on this Website are used separately from accompanying text;
- no downloaded extracts from this Website are passed or transferred to third parties, and
- SCS Law' copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
- Unless otherwise stated, the copyright, trademarks, logos and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website (including without limitation any photographs and graphical images) are owned by SCS Law or its licensors. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, any use of extracts from this Website other than in accordance with paragraph 2.1 above is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in these terms and conditions, your permission to use this Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from this Website.
- Subject to paragraph 2.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without SCS Law' prior written permission.
- Any rights not expressly granted in these terms and conditions are reserved.
- SERVICE ACCESS
- While SCS Law endeavours to ensure that this Website is normally available 24 hours a day, SCS Law shall not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond Small Claim Solicitors' control.
- VISITOR MATERIAL AND CONDUCT
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
- SCS Law shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing SCS Law to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of paragraph 4.2 or paragraph 4.3.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- SCS Law will try to provide you with links to good quality, reputable websites which we believe will be of interest and relevance to you, but please note that SCS Law has not reviewed all of these third party websites and they are not under SCS Law' control and SCS Law is not responsible for and does not contribute to the content of such websites. When you click through to any of these websites you leave the area controlled by SCS Law. SCS Law does not endorse or make representations, whether as to quality, propriety or otherwise, about such websites, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained by using them, nor does it accept responsibility for any issues arising in connection with the third party’s use of your data, the website content or the services offered to you by these websites.
- This Website is provided free of charge and without warranties or guarantees. While SCS Law endeavours to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, SCS Law does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. Information on this website is only intended for general guidance and does not constitute legal advice. Information contained on this Website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical mistakes. SCS Law may update or make changes to the material on this Website, or to the products, services and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and Small Claims Solcitors makes no commitment to update such material.
- The material on this Website is provided “as is”, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind either express or implied. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, SCS Law provides you with this Website on the basis that SCS Law excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions as to non-infringement, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for this legal notice might have effect in relation to this Website.
- You accept the risk that data transmitted electronically to SCS Law via this Website or otherwise may be intercepted before reaching SCS Law or accessed from SCS Law' data storage means by third parties unauthorised by SCS Law and may be exploited unlawfully by the said unauthorised third parties. SCS Law does not assume responsibility for guarding against the acts of the said unauthorised third parties.
- SCS Law, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), and any of SCS Law' associates or affiliates and the officers, directors, employees, partners, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, special, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with this Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this Website, any websites linked to this Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other destructive items that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this Website or your downloading of any material from this Website or any websites linked to this Website.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit SCS Law' liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by SCS Law' negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); or
- fraud; or
- any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
SCS Law is committed to providing the highest quality of service to our clients. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the service provided, please let us know. A copy of our complaints procedure may be obtained from our Head of Compliance, Len Crowder by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or ringing 0207 090 1599.
Terms and Conditions of Business
SCS Law is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). In order to comply with SRA requirements we provide all our clients with a Retainer setting out our terms and conditions of business. The Retainer is tailored to your needs and sets out the services to be provided and the manner in which they will be undertaken by SCS Law in accordance with our regulatory responsibilities. For further details please email email@example.com or telephone on 0207 090 1599.
Consumer Online Dispute Resolution
In line with the EU Regulation on Consumer Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) please find below the following:
- a link to the ODR platform: http://ec.europa.eu/odr ,
- the email address of the online trader is firstname.lastname@example.org