In the event of a claim being defended or you defending a claim, we will prepare and take the necessary steps up to and including the trial.
What this includes:
- Completing and sending directions questionnaires to the Court and opponent.
- Drafting your witness statement.
- Preparing instructions for trial / Preparing a statement of costs.
- Arranging/providing advocate attendance at a trial with a listing time of no more than 2 hrs.
- Preparing the advocate’s instructions.
- Meeting the advocate 30 minutes before the trial / Representation during the trial.
- Provision of an attendance note.
What this doesn’t include:
- Attending a mediation appointment / Instructing an expert.
- Payment of the court fee (HMCTS link).
- Trials with a listing time in excess of 2 hours.
- Attendance by a solicitor or barrister.
Likely timescale: Following a claim being defended, a trial will normally be heard within 4 to 6 months. Price: £720 inc. VAT